Thursday, January 28, 2016

RCYC is coming!

The first weekend in March is a big deal in the Portland metro area. It's the Rose City Yarn Crawl. This year there are 14 local yarn stores involved. For several years no, there has been a mystery kal and cal leading up to the yarn crawl. The first year I did both, though I finished the cal much later in the year. The second year I didn't do the kal, but started the cal, haven't finished it yet. This year, I started and finished the first kal clue that came out yesterday. I'm tempted to try the cal, but it's a little overwhelming. The yarn I chose for the kal is from Yoth, a company in Tolt, Washington. It's a cashmere blend called Little Brother. It's yummy! My main color is a dark green called kale and the contrast is a lighter green, called mint. Can't wait to see how this turns out. We do know it will end up being a cowl.

The weekend of the crawl is busy in other ways as well. Our wedding anniversary, Kim's birthday and my 3rd anniversary of working at The Knitting Bee. Oh, and we are getting a puppy!

No comments: