Friday, May 18, 2007
1. Leave a comment on her blog (this post) letting Ali know what color you want and mention who's blog you heard about the contest on.......
2. Then head to your blog and post a list of your summer knitting goals (there may be an end-of-summer contest of some sort to celebrate summer knitting accomplishments) and mention this contest (with a link to this post http://www.skeinsherway.com/2007/05/pre-summer-contest.html )
3. Last email Ali with the link to your post! (ali AT skeins her way DOT com) Be sure to mention in your post for anyone who follows your link to let her know what blog they jumped from as every "referral" will earn you another entry!
Contest will run through the end of the month (May) and her talented children will draw three winning names (or secret blogging identities) out of a container of some sort on June 1st.
What can we win? First place winner will receive 1 copy of the tank pattern along with 4 hanks of Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in their choice of colors! Second & third place winners will each receive a copy of the pattern and whatever other goodies happen to jump into the package just before sealing and sending!!
The first two are early June projects, but the rest are over the summer.
1. Finish my lilac colored Whitney cardigan. DONE June 15, 2007
2. Start and finish a felted button bag by the middle of June.
3. Start my KISS bag to use for a computer bag. Need this one very soon too!!
4. Grasshopper socks in knee highs.
5. Finish Mystic Sea socks. DONE May 30/31
6. Chevron Scarf
7. 4th of July Red, White and Blue socks. DONE July 2, 2007
8. Finish Bridgit's Baby Blanket started last summer!!
9. Several blocks for the Aran Afghan, which I stalled on.
10. Tank of some kind. Have various yarns in stash that would work for it.
This is a good idea to have a list of some kind to try to follow this summer. Distractions about though.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
They match the pretty sweater that I am making. Sleeves are mostly done, then on to the back.
Other pretty colors from our wild backyard. The Oriental Poppies have Popped this week, well at least 6 of them.
Roses that were never trimmed this year on our garage wall. I didn't see them until after Mother's Day.
Rhubard that probably needs to be picked and USED!!
And more pretty purple flowers.
I received a new computer for Mother's Day (big surprise!!) and it has a huge learning curve. I have to take a class or two or three for it.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Years ago, maybe 12, maybe longer, I was given a lavender rosebush for Valentine's Day. For many years, it has bloomed just in time for Mother's Day, until the last few years anyways. This year our red rosebush, a Mister Lincoln has bloomed this week just in time for Mother's Day. Our lavender rosebush isn't far behind though.
I haven't fed my roses this year. I need to do that as in the food is the stuff that will take care of the blackspot and mold that roses have a tendency toward. I love my roses and can't wait for a pretty lavender one to grace my table.
Happy Mother's Day.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
I also finished Kim's socks. She's wearing them today, so maybe I can get her to do a photo shoot with me. They are Lorna's Laces Sock, out of Black Purl. Very pretty!! The pattern is from the booklet "Calendar of Socks" I think. I want to say the pattern is called "Autumn Equinox".
We made tamales yesterday for our own little Cinco de Mayo. Oh they were good. Tamales aren't too hard to make. It's time consuming, but that's the wrapping part. I have made them one time before, several years ago. I saved the extra sauce and froze it, so I didn't have to make that this time. It was a green sauce, using canned tomatillos and a spicy pepper of some kind. It was good having been frozen for such a long time. We used grilled chicken and sliced it up instead of shredding it, and I just followed the recipe for the masa harina that was on the package. I steamed them for about 2 hours. It was delicious!!