Monday, March 31, 2014

A Little Behind

Today is the first day in a few weeks where I can just breath. I did have two appts this morning, but now I'm home doing nothing and going nowhere! One  appt was with an Occupational Therapist about the tendonitis in my elbow. I think it will be very helpful to see him and get this taken care of. Right now he has me icing the elbow, heating the muscle below in my arm and massaging it, with a couple of stretches after the massage. It's not easy to do on my own so I will probably have Robert or Kim help me with the massage part. I haven't knit, except a tiny bit in about 5 weeks! I'm starting to go crazy, though I have been doing a little bit of cross-stitch. I have been testy this week and I think it might be from the lack of knitting and maybe even from being around people a lot over the past few weeks with almost no breaks. Today though after that appt and dropping the van at the shop for an overnight tuneup, I don't have to be anywhere or do anything and can just do my own thing. 

I've been thinking about crochet a lot! Last week it was flowers, this week it's how did I learn to crochet. I bought a little notebook today, with flowers on it and I started printing out some flowery patterns. I want to make a bright flower garland though I'm not sure where I'll put it. Back to the notebook. I plan to use it to jot down any ideas I have for crochet and putting some printed patterns and pictures in it. I think it will keep me more on track when I have some cool ideas.

A couple of years ago I took at class at The Knitting Bee to learn to crochet a cute little pouch/bag. Darla is a fantastic teacher and continues to teach classes there. I took another class from her last year on reading crochet charts, which is the method that I prefer! She now has a circle time where you can go in and get help on any project you are working on. I plan to go in this week and get some help on the shawlette from the Rose City Yarn Crawl. I'm a little stuck on it. 

I got my Stitch Fix shipment this last Friday and finally opened it today. I'll try on the clothes tomorrow. There are some interesting things in there this time. Skinny jeans??? I'll update you on what's in there and what I plan to keep, probably tomorrow. 

No comments: