Sunday, April 27, 2008

I hope.......

I can catch up on some sleep this week. Robert has been getting up at least 3 times in the night, until last night. Just once and it was at 6 am. Woohoo!! It's only 5:45 pm and I'm ready for a nap. I have taken little cat naps almost every day this week. It isn't helping.

I work tomorrow and take him to an appointment on Tuesday. We hope the x-ray shows no little stones or fragments!!

I took a class on Friday night and one this morning from Annie Modesitt. Both were awesome! I learned the correct way to do combination knitting. I had been twisting my stitches and if I were to call it some type of knitting, it would be Eastern crossed, at least from the hand out she gave us. I learned how to cable with out a cable needle. I like her method so much better than the way I had tried it before. Today was all about color. We did some two color, three color, then four color knitting. It was so cool!! I am really excited about this one as I have another color class on Thursday. It's actually a one on one with the instructor because I signed up for the class before realizing I would miss the first one. It is steeking a fair isle bag. I can't wait! I feel this is a way to broaden my mind, without getting stuck in a rut of doing the same type of knitting over and over again. Robert and I have actually talked about that. You know the studies they've done on how knitting is good for your brain? Well, our theory is that if you just do the same projects/techniques over and over again, it does no good for your brain, but if you are learning new techniques or ideas, then it uses more areas of your brain. So, it's better for you. Anyways, the combination knitting actually tightens up my stitches just a tad bit, it looks better!






This afternoon, Kim and I and two friends went to see The Ghosts of Treasure Island: A Pirate Rock Musical. We thought it was awesome!! Some of the words were hard to understand in the songs, but it was a great musical. I've already seen that there is a pirate festival in Portland in September. I think that would be fun to go to as well.

My most recent project is for ISE6. My pal likes bright pinks and purples, so I thought this might work. I am almost half way with it. It is an easy pattern, just two rows. I've modified it a little bit because I don't like how garter stitch looks. I like stockinette much better, which is funny, because I've never liked to purl.

3 comments:

Kristin Shields said...

The class sounds really cool! I just took my first spinning class and I'm hooked. I keep waking up at night thinking about wheels and I've been doing a lot of internet research. What kind of wheel do you have? I'm thinking about the Lendrum folding wheel, but haven't found anybody with one here to try it out. I hope I can do so at Woodland Woolworks when I'm in Portland in May. I learned on a Majacraft, but it's just not my style. I also tried a couple of single treadles and just couldn't get coordinated. I'm buying issues of Spin-off and generally dreaming about it all day. The last thing I need is a new hobby!

Unknown said...

Glad you're getting some rest!

BTW, I was at Purlescence yesterday, and the answer from Nathania is that the little shawl is the Shetland Triangle done in the new Dream In Color laceweight. I'll have to double-check w/Carrie on what color Nathania said, but I thought I heard she say it was In Vino Veritas.

Anonymous said...

fantastic blog! It's great to see other home schooling knitters and you certainly shine!