First I'm going to woo you with a Finished Object of great beauty!! The sweater called Lisa.
It is a Debbie Bliss pattern out of her book 7. The yarn is also Debbie Bliss, Cashmerino Aran. I used US 4's to get gauge and it is a little bit snug, but I think it will work.
I will be taking a picture of it on a real live body, probably Monday. I am so happy to have it done, but when I post the other photo's of it, I'll go into a bit of the nightmare aspects of this knit.
Now onto my gauge issues AGAIN. After casting off of Lisa and weaving all of the ends in, I started on Kim's Kilcar. I had swatched it, and was going down something like 5 needle sizes!! to try to get gauge. I figured I could start on the sleeves and make my gauge work that way. I started and did the first two repeat sections on US size 5. The pattern is 10 rows long, so it's not too bad. After doing the two repeats, I had Kim try it around her upper arm. The pattern doesn't decrease or increase going up the arm at all, so I knew it would be the same measurement at the top. It was fairly snug, so instead of ripping out, I switched to US 7's and it looks like it might actually work out. The sweater is baggy as it is, it's like a sweater-coat. I've been told that the pattern is similar to the Monkey socks by Cookie A. And, I think I am getting gauge in the pattern on the size 7's. THANK YOU GAIL for the idea.