Saturday, August 25, 2007

New Socks

First though, I wanted to thank all of you, who left comments and those who emailed me privately about John's heart. I felt hugged through all of that, Thank You!!

Spoiler alert at the bottom for the most recent Rockin' Sock Club shipment.

But first, I realized that I hadn't posted a picture of my finished Solstice Slip socks from the last club shipment. They are super comfy, and the pattern was easy to follow.



I followed the pattern, but went down to my usual size US 0's and did in between the small and medium size. The pattern had a 5 stitch repeat so I could do that and not mess it up. The heels and toes are garter stitch short rows. I like the garter stitch, but so far they don't fit in my shoes very well, so I may not use it again, I'm not sure yet. The colorway is Firebird, STR of course. The pattern is by J.C. Briar, and is called Solstice Slip.

No other finished socks, but several recently started. Knee High to a Grasshopper, the April Sock Club socks by Chrissy Gardiner. They are also easy to follow. They are toe-up which is a first for me. I went to YouTube and found Cat Bordhi's videos for Judy's Magic Cast-On and followed that. It was great!! Cat has numerous other videos there as well.



This was my knitting area this morning. New books, needles and lots of yarn abound!!





I have finally gotten the ball rolling on something that Kim has wanted to do for at least 3 years now. I told her she could do it once she was done with her piano lessons, and that was in January.


We like this picture the best!! We are able to rent this harp until we know she is really in to playing. They are expensive to buy!!



Now on to spoilers:


**


**


**


**

**


**



I spent two days early in the week helping get this yarn and pattern to the masses who were chomping at the bit. I think most everybody has it now, even the internationals (theirs went out the week previously). The colorway is Flower Power. It is very pretty!! In the picture above you can see it kind of in a ball.




I test knitted this pattern earlier this year so I know it's not too difficult. I cast on this morning and I now have the cuff done for both socks. They are fold down anklets with this vine lace cuff. It is another pattern by J. C. Briar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Flower Power is great, I couldn't wait to start mine. Love them.

LavenderSheep said...

All of your socks look awesome! I really need to get knitting with some of the Blue Moon in my stash.

All of that heart stuff is really scary. We have something similar in my family, but it tends to effect the men a lot more than the women. The women have nice long lives into their 90s and the men tend to only make it into their 40s.