Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Free for a few more months

Yesterday I had the 3rd mammogram in 6 months!! With the ultrasound!! Good grief my boob hurts. BUT, I am free for the next 6 months or until my doctor deems it necessary for my regular schedule to begin. Yearly, I think. I'm glad I took 3 ibuprofen about 1 1/2 hours before going. The technicians are so nice there, and they make you feel comfortable with the procedure. I just wish it didn't hurt so much.

Do this for yourself, (and for me) GET A MAMMOGRAM if you haven't had one and you are older than 35. Please.

3 comments:

Cece said...

Hurrah! (well, for the good checkup, not the sore boobs!)

Morandia said...

never thought of taking ibuprofen before.... hmmm... been thru 2 mammograms myself - in 2 weeks. And a needle biopsy to boot. Still waiting on the results.

Glad to hear you are free for the next 6 months!

roxie said...

Good news! Good news! (Picture Animal of the Muppets rushing around and hugging everyone with glee, while shouting at the top of his lungs!) Yeah, I hate mammograms, too. However, they do get easier after menopause. the saggier the girls get, the less the compression hurts. But do keep up with the pain-killer beforehand.