Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Joiner Swap

I joined the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap. What fun!!


1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I think I would like to visit Vermont, to see the maple syrup trees.


2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
There are too many that I would want to visit, but probably first would be Australia.


3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?

Yes, from Oregon to Canada, and from Oregon to Arizona, and as a kid, from California to Minnesota.


4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?

Mexico when I was in 10th grade for a girl's club trip. It was just for fun, no mission work was involved on that trip.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?

So far, it would have to be the trip we took in 2003 or 2004 to AZ, we saw many, many National Monuments and Parks along the way including the Grand Canyon and Utah. I think in the end we counted that we had visited at least 20 National Parks or Monuments.


6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.

State, yes. We like to camp and visit the National Monuments in our own state as well. I also like to check out the touristy shops when we visit the coast.


7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?

All of the above.


8. What's your favorite type of yarn?

Anything soft

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?

Rough yarn, squeaky acrylic, and mohair.


10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?

Socks and sweaters so far.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?

Whatever the current project is as long as it isn't too difficult, plus at least another two in case I get bored with the current project.


12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?

Beading and quilting.


13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)

Mohair and cigarette smoke.


14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?

Purple and all other colors. Least fav is orange.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?

Sweet

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?

When on vacation, I collect spoons. If a friend is going someplace cool, I ask them to bring one back for me. My grandma started me on this collection and it has grown, not as bad as my yarn collection though.

I have asthma, so cigarette smoke and heavy perfumes bother me.

1 comment:

roxie said...

You should be wonderfully easy to swap with! Good job.