Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A few Pictures

I took very few pictures at Black Sheep Gathering. Not enough time. I had a great time helping out at the BMFA's booth. It was a long weekend, and it shows on how I am feeling this week, as well as Kim. It was entirely overwhelming for her.

These guys are Blue Face Leceister. I don't know if that's how it is spelled or not. I met the gal who raises them. I was just trying to get some pictures to show on the blog, but she thought I really liked the sheep. :) They do produce some wonderful fiber.







One view across from us.


Our booth.

Our booth.



Another view across from our booth.

I bought a spinning wheel. It should be here on next Tuesday. It is a Baynes, from New Zealand, and I did test it at the Pacific Wool and Fiber booth. Kim tested it as well and is just itching for it to get here. She keeps asking when it will come. That's a good sign. I'll be signing up for a class at Northwest Wools. I've taken a spinning class with Laurie before. She is really good at teaching. I saw her on Sunday and let her know about our new wheel. She said she would help me get it oiled up and ready to spin.

I'm knitting. I have 3 pairs of socks on the needles. One is a test knit, and I am probably 2/3 of the way done with them. Very cute!! Then there are my 4th of July socks, about the same spot (2/3), and the new club package from BMFA. I'm just barely started on that one, and only one right now. As soon as I get about 3/4 of an inch into it I will start the second one and put them on one needle. I really like doing magic loop both at the same time. It makes it so my socks match in size and gauge.

At BSG, I bought three things of roving, lots of purple in all three, one of them is pencil roving. I also bought soap from FogWash in Yachats, and skeins of alpaca dk weight from Pacific Meadow Alpaca. I wanted some special lace weight from Mckenzie Alpacas, but she didn't have any this year. Oh well.

3 comments:

Angela said...

It was a pleasure to meet both yourself and Kim at BSG.

I've heard wonderful things about Baynes wheels. Enjoy and I hope to see both of you soon.

roxie said...

Sounds like you had a ball at Black sheep - but when you are dealing with the public all day long, it can abrade your spirit. I prescribe quite and lots of knitting in the fresh air.

LavenderSheep said...

Congratulations on getting a wheel! It was really awesome seeing you at BSG. I just love Blue Moon! Are you going to be at OFFF?