Friday, December 22, 2006

I Love the Scarf and Hat!!

I finished up John's scarf and hat from the Irish Hiking Scarf KAL. This was a pretty easy knit, repetitious enough that I didn't have to continually look at the pattern, but not too boring either. He likes it alot, though it will be wrapped as a Christmas present.








I modified the pattern just slightly by going down at least one or two needle sizes and dropping one of the cable repeats on the scarf. It turned out to be a good size for him. I used 4 balls total of the Kathmandu Aran. After 2 balls for the scarf, I started on the hat just to make sure I would have enough yarn. The hat took less than 1 1/2 balls, so I used the rest of the second ball to finish the scarf. Then I did wash and block it a bit so you can see the cables more.

One of the other items that I finished last week was a vest for CIC and finally got a picture taken of it today.

No comments: