Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Rose is a Rose or Sweater Design

Sleepovers that turn into awake all nighters don't work for me. I am wiped out today. Our house is such that any noise made anywhere in the house is heard anywhere else in the house even if the doors are closed and the fan is on. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

Getting up early this morning, we found that it had rained some in the night. I've been thinking about my roses and I need to trim them a little bit and maybe fertilize them one last time. I have never done anything to my roses until this year. Due to that, they have been covered in rust and blackspot for many years and I've trimmed off every leave and stem that had yuck on it. So, about 6 weeks ago now, I bought some special rose fertilizer and nasty stuff killer. My roses look beautiful, new growth, no rust or blackspot. I had to take some pictures of them this morning.

























See this? I am designing!! I did some reading last night about sweater design. Then I thought, I've got to get this onto paper so I can continue on my sweater and not go too far before I need to do my decreasing. This is so cool!! I never would have had the courage to play around with a sweater pattern until I met other knitters who do this all of the time!! And there will be yoked neck, I just didn't add the design pattern to it. I will be following it from the pattern, actually no I won't, I will need to refigure the number of stitches and the pattern. Hmm, at what point can I call it my own pattern?



I have a better picture of the original sweater, Susan, it was several pages further to the end of the book. I couldn't get blogger to load it though. I must be at my limit for now.

I think I am headed off for a nap so I can do laundry later.

No comments: