Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Just Ramblings



Monotezuma Castle National Monument in Camp Verde, AZ, May 2004.



I have a sweater I want to make put of some Rowan Felted Tweed in the colorway Sigh. It is a purple that I really like. This was supposed to be a simple sweater, with rolled hem, rolled sleeve hem and rolled neck. Until I saw one in a similiar yarn, with some cables on it. It is similiar to this one, but the neck isn't cowled, and there are about 11-12 cables around the front of it. I have had the yarn for it for quite a while, since last year sometime, maybe in the Fall? I started a swatch back then changing needles as the swatch grew bigger and I wasn't getting the right gauge. I started with US 6's, and am now down to US 3's and still just barely getting gauge. If I don't get gauge, the sweater will either be too big or too small, and I want it to fit!! I cast on 188 stitches last night and started my round. I need different needles now. The ones I have are either too short or too long and the round does not fit on it. So, off to the knitting store today!!

The Yarn Harlot is coming to town today!! DD and I will be there (with our books to sign and our camera) with the hordes of knitters wanting to meet her. She is hiliarious!! If anyone can make knitting fun, it is her.

Last evening, there was a knock at the door. When I opened it, a young man asked if we would like our stump drilled. Less than 20 minutes later and $45 out, we had our stump drilled. One less thing to worry about!! We had the tree taken out about 6 weeks ago or so. It was one of those mimosa trees, or as we called it, "that crappy tree is dropping stuff again", Silk Tree. One site I just saw said that they are short-lived trees, 10-20 years. We've been here for 7 years now and these trees were full grown when we got here. Dh didn't want them to do the tree in the back, he wants to try to compost it. You drill holes in it, soak it real good, fill with Nitrogen fertilizer and blow it up. JUST KIDDING!! You don't blow it up, but you cover it with tarp real tight and keep the rest of the soil around it wet. Over time it will compost itself from the over-fertilization.

No comments: