Thursday, August 24, 2006
10 Random Quotes That Kind of Describe Me
1. The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself. Edward Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)
2. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. Bill Cosby (1937-)
3. Life only demands from you the strength you possess. Only one feat is possible - not to have run away. Dag Hammarskjold (1905-1961)
4. I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. Michael J. Fox (1961-) quoted by Lorne A. Adrain in 'The Most Important Thing I Know'
5. The central struggle of parenthood is to let our hopes for our children outweigh our fears. Ellen Goodman (1941-)
6. The most important thing is to be whatever you are without shame. Rod Steiger
7. To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
8. My evil genius Procrastinator has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season. Mary Todd Lincoln (1818-1882)
9. The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It would accentuate what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect. Esther Dyson Interview in Time Magazine, October 2005
10. A witty saying proves nothing. Voltaire (1694 - 1778)
To do one of these yourself go to Random Quotes. If you don't see any you like, click on New Random Quotations at the bottom of the page. Let me know if you do one. Thank you Kris for starting this.