Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Heat Wave Has Broken!!

YEAH!! It cooled off so nicely last night around 11:00 PM. I feel much better today. Having temperatures hovering around 100 F is not good for anyone!! I had a migraine set in on Sunday evening. The only thing I can figure caused it is the heat.

I've finished listening to a good audiobook about the San Francisco earthquake of 1906. In fact it is called "1906 A Novel", by James Dalessandro. It is a good book, detailing the corruption of city officials at that time. Many parts of the book are true. Now I've started "You're Wearing That?" by Deborah Tannen. The narrator has such a soothing voice that I can't get through very much of it before it puts me to sleep. It is really good though explaining the mother-daughter communication snafus that we run into, at least I experience them.

Little bits of knitting going on here and there. Finishing up the doggy sweaters. Just little details. Started a vest for CIC out of 3 strands of different colored sock yarn. It is cute. I'll post a photo after I get further on it. Two new quilt blocks are done, ready to be sent out tomorrow. Will post those later as well.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Yeh the heat wave seems to ahve been broken but I'm still hot. I'm still running my air conditioner. When i work around here I'm sweating! Did i get too used to 70 degrees because of the air conditioner. Maybe!