Wednesday, July 12, 2006

For the Birds

We had rain today, I thought it might mist a bit, but it turned into a real rain for about 2 hours. This afternoon as it dried up, I looked out my kitchen window and saw this little guy. I don't know what kind of woodpecker he is, (maybe a Downy Woodpecker) and I haven't seen one in the neighborhood for a while, though I do hear them often.



You can click on the picture and see him a little bit better. He's on the top of the little tree just above the van.


I went outside to see what else there might be. I heard lots of different calls, and saw robins, chickadees, bushtits and pine siskins all over the front yard/neighborhood. The birds must have liked the rain and the afteraffects of it.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Last night hubby and I were sitting at the dinner table and an Evening Grossbeak flew down to the feeder. It's such a lovely bird!

I loved that rain today!