Thursday, June 22, 2006

UGH!! Too much time has passed.....

In between posting here. I have good intentions of keeping updated here, but then I sit down and really have forgotten what I want to write about. I do have some awesome photos to share though. I finally got a project done, and another almost done, etc.

First is dd's quilted head scarf that she finished last week. She's been learning the quilting trade from my aunt. The darker side, is material with all kinds of fruit on it. The pink side, obviously is all pinks and greens, dots and stripes, big and little. She has now started on a 16 patch hotpad.









My FO, Jeanie Townsend's Spring Twists in STR Spring Fling colorway. I enjoyed this sock so much that I must have ripped it out at least 3 times. I didn't follow the pattern completely. There are four repeats of four rows for three sections, I didn't do the fourth repeat on each section, so it is shorter. Then I decided to do PGR's short-row heel. (I think that's the name of it). It seems to fit my heel better, though I think on the next sock I need to make the heel a little bit deeper. I did these on Magic Loop, then finally as I got past the heel I put them both onto one needle. It went a bit faster that way. Jeanie has a yahoo knitting group with her great patterns. She is such a great designer and very generous.













And I finally finished spinning up some roving I had gotten from BMFA about 3 years ago or so. I am pretty sure it is merino/tencel, in Black Cherry colorway. I haven't measured it either. No plans currently on the drawing board. This is actually one of the better pictures of it. One of the photos was nasty, it looked orange.







And now blogger had decided it doesn't want to load any more of my photos. I was going to show the CIC socks that I am doing two on one circular needle. Oh well, another time.

I think I am all ready for the weekend. DD and I are heading out for BSG tomorrow morning after setting up for communion at our church. Hope to see some of you there. Oh, I heard tonight the most ridiculous thing about BSG. Some government organization wants them to change their name. Black Sheep Gathering apparently isn't politically correct, so let's change the Black to Rainbow. Have you ever seen a Rainbow sheep? I will check into it and let you know what I find out, if I was hoaxed.....

No comments: