Friday, June 02, 2006

She's Reading, She's Reading, Uh HUH

Ok, you have to be in the right frame of mind to hear the above Title. I am so jazzed right now!! I've got this stupid little tune from Nemo that Dory sings, I don't even know the words to it, but the above title is running through my head with this tune.

So, the conversation at our house this week goes a bit like this:

DD: So, when does the Library Summer Reading Program start?

Me: This week on Thursday, do you want to sign up for it?

DD: What are my reading options?

Me: Well, there's the "Read to Me", or the "I Read it Myself". You can do either one. (Age wise they will only let her do the "I Read it Myself", but why does she need to know that right now.

DD: No, I don't want to sign up, I want to do my own reading program. I want to be reading by the end of the summer.

Me: Ok, I have a good program we could start.

DD: (with a raised voice) NO, I want to do it my way AND WITH DAD!!

Me: Ok, but you have to realize that Dad is tired when he gets home and wants to play on the computer, and you will have to be responsible for pushing him to help you.

DD: Ok.

End of conversation.

That very night, after I have gone to bed, dd and dh proceed to read a chapter in Mr.Putter and Tabby Feed the Fish. Dh tells me about it when he crawls in bed. The very next morning after taking dh to work, I come home to find my girl sitting on the love seat with a blanket over her legs reading the next chapter to herself, but out loud. And she read it again last night to her dad.

AND I CAN'T PRAISE HER OR SHE'LL STOP READING. What's a mom to do??

On to knitting, I am almost done with the purple feather and fan shawl, less than one ball left to knit up.



I received this in the mail today, it took 3 days to get here, I am seriously impressed with their service.



I designed and knit these (from leftovers) last week for an afghan for a local homeschool mom who recently had a heart attack.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You'll have to gloat here, where she can't see you ;)
I *love* the knitting zone. I can order from there and have it here in less than a week. That's better than some aussie yarn stores!

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

Yippee!!!! (very quietly of course :-)

Susan

MissKris said...

I must admit the one thing I DO enjoy when Dear Hubby is gone is I can actually s-t-r-e-t-c-h out in the bed...tho I cuddle up with his pillow, haha! Not that he's a bed hog, but he likes to keep in body contact while he sleeps, even if it's rear-to-hip or rear-to-rear so he kind of 'chases' me across the bed all night until I'm sleeping on the edge on my side. But after a night or two of having that big bed to myself, it sure is nice when he's back. Tho on Thursday night I shared it with my little grandson and my grand poopies, haha! Hey...if you get brave enough to meet me, the Jupiter's Beard awaits you. It's GORGEOUS this year! It's always kind of a weird feeling 'meeting' someone you kind of know but don't really know, isn't it? I've met pen pals in the past...and only one was a bad experience. So if you'd still like some, just email me and we'll see if we can figure out a day, ok? I think it'll be fun to meet! :-)

Anonymous said...

Doing the happy dance for you guys. This is great news...