Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Amazing Lace Challenge #1

I will be doing occasional posts about The Amazing Lace. Here is my intro:



Cue theme to Mission Impossible or your favorite action flick.

If I take this mission, ha, I’ve already taken it, so we'll cut to the chase, here are my team members:



The blue/lavender is for myself, the dark purple is for my sil, whose birthday is the second week of June, so I have a deadline, the ugly lime green (my nemesis) is for dd who is 12 and loves anything of that hideous color, need I say more?


My team notes with writing all over the backside:



The pattern I adapted with the help of a friend from Barbara Walker’s “A Treasury of Knitting Patterns”, and the photo of this kit from Fiber Trends.

I love this pattern, it’s mission is easy to memorize and it is pretty in the end. I chose the Microspun from LionBrand because it is so soft and I just wanted a light wrap for the coolness of Oregon during the summer without spending an arm and a leg.

Who knows where this foray into lace knitting will take me, on to new missions of impossibility?

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That's quite a large mission!